- To collect, preserve, interpret, and display objects of artistic, cultural, or scientific significance for the study and education of the public.
- To promote the historical artifacts of Nepal all over the world
- To provide information about the economic, social, political, and religious aspects of the time from the objects displayed in the museum.
- To focus on academic research.
- To publish books related to museums.
- To conduct educational dialogue programs related to tangible and intangible culture
- To provide special emphasis on inter-museum cooperation.
- To expedite the publicity work of the museum by making maximum use of social media
- Conducting temporary exhibitions of the museum in different places of the country.
- Making the virtual museum tour and promoting it worldwide.
Government of Nepal
Ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation
March 31, 2023
व्यावसायिक र सृजनशील प्रशासन,विकास, समृद्धि र सुशासन