Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
1) Arrangements have been made to open the National Museum, when and at what time?
- November to January from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm. (Ticket Counter will open until 3:00 pm)
- February to October from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. (Ticket Counter will open until 4:00 pm)
- Every Monday morning from 10:30 to 2:30 p.m. (Ticket Counter will open until 2:00 pm)
- The museum will be open on Saturday.
- The museum will remain closed on Tuesdays and public holidays.
2) What is the entrance fee of National Museum?
Per Student :Rs 10/-
Per Person :Rs 25/-
Digital Camera :Rs 50/-
Movie Camera :Rs 100/-
Per Person :Rs 50/-
Digital Camera :Rs 75/-
Movie Camera :Rs 150/-
Per Person :Rs 150/-
Digital Camera :Rs 100/-
Movie Camera :Rs 200/-
3) How long will the entrance ticket counter of the museum be open?
The entrance ticket counter of the museum will be open for 45 minutes before the closing of the museum.
4) Is there any free admission for the students coming to the National Museum?
Students who come to the museum every Saturday with a request letter from the school, college and university are provided free admission to the museum. However, when entering the museum on days other than Saturday, students can visit the museum by buying a ticket of Rs 10.
5) Can museum entrance tickets be paid online?
Currently this service is not provided. But we aim to move this service forward in the near future.
6) What are the rules to follow when entering a museum?
- Please keep your ticket with you until you are in the museum.
- Before entering the museum visitors should keep their personal belongings except wallet in the locker. Valuable must be kept at the risk of the visitors themselves. Locker service is free of cost.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry any kind of weapons and animals inside the museum.
- Smoking and alcoholic drink is strictly prohibited inside the museum premises.
- Any kind of unsocial and unruly activities are strictly prohibited inside the museum premises.
- Wastage should be kept in the waste containers.
- Visitors are not allowed to touch, scratch and hit the objects and antiquities displayed in the gallery.
- Visitors who are visiting museum along with their children must be careful for the protection of their children. .
- The entrance ticket would be closed before 45 minutes of museum closing time.
- Vehicles should be parked only in the parking area.
7) What kind of punishment is provided if the objects displayed in the museum are damaged by the spectators?
If the objects displayed in the museum are damaged by the spectators, the materials will be evaluated and compensation will be given by the concerned persons. Also, according to the rules of the Government of Nepal, one should be a party to the punishment.
8) Is there a guide for visiting the museum?
Guides will be provided to the administration branch of the museum if any information is received regarding the guide.
9) Are there any arrangements for purchasing replicas, published books and materials on display in the museum?
You can purchase replicas of the items on display in the museum, published books and materials. For this you can contact the museum shop or ticket counter.
10) How to get the necessary information related to the museum?
Information related to the museum can be obtained from the information officer appointed by the museum.
11) What are the ways to get information about the various activities in the museum?
The various activities taking place in the museum can be obtained from the following sources.
- Website: nationalmuseum.gov.np
- Facebook Page: National Museum of Nepal
- Instagram: National Museum of Nepal
- YouTube: National Museum Of Nepal
- Twitter: National Museum of Nepal
12) How and when to visit the museum library within the museum premises?
In the museum library, you will be able to study and research the subject you want during office hours. You will also be able to access the library by looking at the archives on the museum’s website. But the books have not been arranged to be taken with them.
13) Are there any arrangements made in the museum for the students studying in schools, colleges and universities?
Arrangements have been made in the museum for the students studying in schools, colleges and universities. For that, it is necessary to bring the letter of the concerned educational institution and submit it to the administration branch. By making a decision based on the letters received in this way, the museum will provide further information to the concerned educational institutions.
14) Can photos be taken in all the rooms of the three exhibited buildings in the museum?
Except for the painting room in the Juddhajatiya Art Gallery within the museum premises, the objects displayed in all the other rooms can be photographed without any hindrance.
15) Is it permissible to have immortality or fear within the museum premises?
After paying the ticket price specified by the museum, you will be able to win and win.